1. LIGHT of the lonely pilgrim’s heart,
Star of the coming day,
Arise, and with thy morning beams
Chase all our griefs away.
2. Come, blessèd Lord, bid every shore,
And answering island sing
The praises of thy royal name,
And own thee as their King. ~
3. Bid the whole world, responsive now
To the bright world above,
Break forth in rapturous strains of joy
In answer to thy love.
4. Jesus, thy fair creation groans
The air, the earth, the sea
In unison with all our hearts,
And calls aloud for thee.
5. Thine was the Cross, with all its fruits
Of grace and peace divine:
Be thine the crown of glory now,
The palm of victory thine.