1. Organisation: To perform its role, pressure groups need to establish formal organisation with hierarchy and rules. Through organisation, the group’s leaders can use both material and human resources influence.
2. Do not nominate candidates to contest elections.
3. Generally seek the interest of their members.
4. Do not normally form a government.
5. They normally lobby the government to secure their interest.
7. It is non-ideological and non-political.
8. Strikes are effective tools of pressure groups.