There are two parts to salvation which much be made clear to every child of God.
a. Believing in the heart, which is receiving the Lord as Saviour. Jn.3:16, 18, 36. Acts 16:31.
b. Confessing with the mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord. Matt.10:32, 33, Rom.10:9.
NECESSITY OF CONFESSING CHRIST
1. It is the command of Christ that the believer must confess Him. Mtt.10:32, 32
2. It is the source of help and strength to the believer. Rom.1:16, I Cor.1:18.
3. Confession of Christ brings real joy to the convert. Lk.15:7, Acts 8:39.
4. When Christ is being confessed many problem are solved. Rom.10:10
5. We must confessed what great things Christ has done in our life. I Tim.1:12-15.
THE METHODS OF CONFESSING CHRIST
1. He is to be confessed in a church Assembly, or prayer meeting. John 9:24-25, Acts 9:20.
2. Confess Jesus Christ privately to your friends, relatives and neighbours. Lk.8:39, Acts 9:22.
3. Confess Christ before chiefs, Magistrates, Government, and Presidents. Acts 26:26-28.
4. Confess Jesus by joining a true, spiritual, actives Christian church. Rom.16:1
5. Confess Christ by constant attendance at church services. Prov.8:17, 34-36. Acts 10:27.
6. Confess Christ by contributing greatly for the building of the church. Lk.6:38, Acts 4:36-37.
7. Do well to confess Him by your faithfulness in the things of God. Lk.21:1-4, Mtt.5:48, Acts 9:36.
TIME TO CONFESS, TO WHOM AND WHERE
1. Christ must be confessed at all times Jer.20:9.
2. Confession of Christ should be done repeatedly not once. Acts 5:28
3. Confession of Christ should be for people of all nations. Acts 1:8, 5:20.
THE INDICATION OF CONFESSING CHRIST
1. Confession of Christ is witnessing to the fact that one is a Christian. Rom. 10:9.
2. Witnessing is telling the simple story of actual facts that we know. 1 John 5:10.
3. That knowledge must be positive, definite and personal. 1 John 4:2.
4. It must be something that has affected one of his five senses. Acts 26:24-25.
1. A witness for Christ must be saved himself. 1Tim.1:15.
2. One must have change in his own personal life. II Cor.5:17.
3. Tell about answers to prayer you have received. Dan. 6:10, 21-22.
4. Tell about personal victory over sins and temptations. Rom. 10:17, Gal. 1:18-20.
5. Speak of the Saviour’s perfect life, sufferings, death, resurrection, ascension, His second coming & future Judgment.
HINDRANCES TO CONFESSION AND DANGER OF NOT CONFESSING
1. The fear of man. When one is afraid of the oppositions. II Tim.1:7,1 John 4:8, Phil. 4:13, Matt.10:28.
2. Ashamed of confessing Christ. Matt.10:33, II Tim. 1:8.
3. Impure life. To live unclean living. 1 John 1:9
4. Failure to confess Christ is dangerous. Eze. 33:8, Matt. 25:41-46.
Conclusion: We must live a life full of confessing Christ to the world for this is God’s will concerning us.