The happy man’s separations from the world unto God. Three points worth mention:
1. He walks not in the counsel of the wicked.
2. He standeth not in the way of sinners.
3. He sitteth not in the seat of the scorners.
THE HAPPY MAN’S OCCUPATION IN THE WORLD WITH GOD
1. He delights in the law of the Lord. He must find great pressure in God’s word. Jer.15:16, Job 22:12.
2. He meditate in God’s word day and night. Note the word “meditate”. It means deep, intense reflection upon what God says. And then note “day and night”. Joshua 1:8.
3. He is a man of prosperity as long as he loves the word of God and practice it. Matt.7:21-23.
THE MAN’S FRUITFULNESS IN GOD
1. A tree, i.e. he will have life, foliage and fruit, or life, beauty and utility.
2. He will be like a tree planted, not like one grown wild; ie, he will be an object of care and culture and the caretaker will be God Himself.
3. He will be like a tree planted by streams of water; i.e there will be a flowing around his roots a constant source of life, freshness, beauty and fruitfulness.
4. He will bring forth fruit in its season.
5. His leaf shall not wither. There will be unfailing life and unfading beauty.
6. He shall never fail in prosperity. “whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
7. That is, he depends absolutely in God he never fail His people in any generation. Joshua 1:5.