(Tenet No. 3)
1. Why was it necessary for Christ to have a sinless life?
That He might render perfect obedience to His Father, and thus qualify as Mediator and High Priest for God’s people. (1st Pet. 1:19)
2. What other reason was there that Christ should be sinless?
Because, as Lamb of God, He had to be without spot or blemish. (Exo. 12:5, John 1:29)
3. Did the Father testify to Christ’s sinlessness?
Yes. He did on two occasions when He declared from heave, “This is My Beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased”. (Matt. 3:1, 17:5)
4. Did the Holy Spirit in anyway confirm the Father’s testimony?
Yes. For He was declared to be the Son of God with power according to the Spirit of Holiness by the resurrection from the dead. (Rom.1:4)
5. Did Christ claim to be sinless?
Yes. When He said, “which of you convicted me of sin?” (John 8:24-26)
6. Did Christ prove Himself to be sinless?
Yes. Foe He was tempted in all points, yet without sin. (Heb. 4:15)
7. Did the Deity of Christ make His temptation unreal?
No, as a man He was utterly dependent on His Father in all things, and was tempted in all points like as well as we are yet without sin. (John 5:30, Heb. 4:15)