a. Chicken, goat meat, or beef can be used
b. Quaker oat – 3 table spoon (thickener)
c. Per boiled bitter leaf (per boiled and washed to reduce bitterness)
f. Palm oil
i. Kpomo (cow skin)
j. Crayfish (grinded)
l. Dried fish (any type would do)
m. Ogiri (optional)
n. Onions (optional)
1. Wash the beef, stockfish, dried fish, kpomo and put in a pot. Put the pot on your heat source (gas cooker, etc.).
2. Add onions, salt, seasoning, pepper, and small water.
3. Allow to steam until it is tender
4. In a bowl, put 3 table spoon of Quaker oat, add small quantity of cool water and allow it to dissolve. You can equally use a spoon to dissolve the oat in water or you can use an electric blender to blend the dried oat into powder (if blended, you do not need to put it in cool water).
5. Add the periwinkle, crayfish, palm oil, and ogiri to the stock and allow to steam.
6. You can add some water to the stock if its quantity is too small
7. Allow it to cook for 5 minutes
8. Add the Quaker oat and stir continuously
9. Then allow it to boil for 2 minutes
10. Add the bitter leaves and stir
11. Remove it from fire after a little while