Creaming Method of making Cake
This is used in making cakes for special occasions. It serves as the best method for making wedding cakes, birthday, Queen cakes, Christmas cakes and some biscuits.
To have a nice baked cake with this method:
– You must ensure you mix your cake in one direction either clockwise or anti-clockwise especially when creaming your butter and sugar together and when a mixer is not used.
– Fold in the flour gradually at a time till the right consistency is reached. That is, place the back of the wooden spoon at the front of the butter then gently draw the spoon to yourself. And, do not mix flour as if you’re turning your “yam flour”.
This will serve as the standard recipe for mixing method in this study. Some other ingredients will be added in subsequent recipe to make different types of cakes.
a. 5 Eggs
b. 1 teaspoon – Baking powder
c. 150g – Sugar
d. 1 tablespoon milk (optional)
e. 250g – margarine
f. 2 table spoon – browning (if browning cake is desired)
1. Cream fat and sugar in a bowl; creamy and fluffy.
2. Add well-beaten eggs while mixing continuously
3. Using a metal spoon or wooden spoon, fold in the flour (already sieved with baking powder)
4. Add the milk and browning (as desired)
5. Turn into a well greased baking pan (butter)
6. Bake in oven at 210 degrees C for 15 minutes, reduce the heat to 180 degrees C, until your cake is done.
Note: Heat is reduced to prevent your cake from burning.