I Thess.6:16, “Rejoice always”
There are three things that Christians should do constantly: rejoice, pray, and give thanks. I Thess.5:16-18.
1. Joy of sins forgiven. Ps.32:1.
2. The joy of communion with God. I Jn.1:3, Ps.16:11
3. The joy of feasting on the word. Jer.15:16.
4. The joy of victorious service. Exo.15:1-3.
5. The joy of winning souls. Ps.126:6.
6. The joy of suffering for Christ. Acts 5:40.
7. The joy of the Holy Spirit. I Thess.1:6.
Conclusion: For the Christian the joy of the Lord is our strength. Paul and Silas in the prison custody knew no bounds in their joy of Christ. The result was miraculous. Acts 16:25.