We appreciate God that in His infinite mercy has given us the grace and opportunity to work in unity and oneness on Earth. Eph.4:1-3. May the Almighty God bless you sufficiently for this great work in Jesus Name. Amen.
We are told that God created the whole world by His word. We are told that the word is God Himself. John 1:1-5. Jesus says that heaven and earth shall pass away but His word abides forever. Matt. 24:35. The Bible says that we shall be judged by the word of God. In other words, any person that the word of God does not change him/her cannot make heaven. 2nd Cor. 5:17.
It is the gospel that drives away cannibalism, human sacrifices, killing of twin babies and their mothers and other superstitions. I have the conviction that your response to this gospel at this point of time must be encouraging and positive.
1. It is God’s great command that all His children must live according to His word Mtt 4:4
2. We must control our tongue and order it by the word of God. Prov. 18:21, James 3:6.
3. We should control our physical behaviour and character according to His word. Jn. 14:21
4. The thoughts of our hearts should be concentrated by His word. Jer. 17:9-10
5. This is very important because of Jesus commands in Mtt. 7:22-23.
6. Our daily examination or spiritual exercises are necessary. 2 Cor. 13:5
7. Our examination or spiritual exercise shall cover the following areas of our faith:-
a) Bible classes
b) Sunday school
c) Men and women rallies
d) Witness and evangelism
e) Hospitality and the Lord’s Supper
f) Prayer programs – Officers & Members
g) Spiritual life of the youth and Evangelization
h) Contributing towards the support of the cause etc.
8. Our Rewards: If I obey God and His word, “what shall be my benefits”7 Jesus says, in this life you will see the benefits and in the life to come, Eternal life. Mtt.19:27-29. Receive your blessings as you obey His word.
by E. T. Dodoh