TEXT: HEB.11:6. “BUT WITHOUT FAITH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE HIM”…
Faith is fundamental to Christian creed and conduct for we are saved by faith Eph.2:8. As Christ conversed with people and healed them, he looked for the characteristic of faith in them. In fact, faith is our spiritual structural hand with which we receive from God.
DEFINITION OF FAITH
Faith is belief, trust, fidelity or loyalty to a creed or religion. Heb. 11:1, now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Faith is trust in the God of the scriptures and in Jesus Christ whom he had sent which receives him as savior and lord and impels loving obedience and good works. The faith that saves is personal trust in the lord Jesus Christ. JN.1:12. MK. 11: 22
NATURE OF FAITH
There are two kinds of faith in regard to salvation. 1. Head believe – a knowledge of the historical Christ and a general acceptance of the bible Acts 19: 13 -17. 2. Heart belief – faith from the heart that causes the believer to experience Christ. Acts 16: 31. JN. 3: 18, 36.
INDICATION OF FAITH
- The syrophoenician woman showed preserving faith. MK. 7:26
- The centurion manifested a humble faith. Matt 8:8-10
- The blind man showed an Ernest faith. Mk. 10:51
- Daniel manifested a daring faith. Dan 6:10 – 23
- Abraham demonstrated an absolute faith. Gen 22:1-19
- Isaac showed the faith of submission. Gen. 22:7-12.
- Jesus Christ established the faith of redemption. JN. 18: 1-12
SOURCE OF FAITH
I. THE DIVINE SIDE.Faith is the work of the triune God.
(a) God the father. Rom 12: 3. 1cor. 12:9.
(b) God the son. LK. 17:5. Heb. 12:2
(c) God the Holy Spirit. Gal. 5:22
II. THE HUMAN SIDE: Having seen the divine side also examine the human side. Matt. 17:19-21, Mk. 9:24, Acts 4:4, Rom. 10:17.
THE RESULTS OF FAITH
- We are saved by faith. Gen. 15:6, Acts 16:31
- We received Christ by faith. Jn. 1:12,
- We are justified by faith. Rom. 5:6
- We become children of God by faith. Gal. 3:26
- We are sanctified by our faith. Acts 26:18
- We are kept by faith. 1st 1:5
- The book of Hebrew 11 is the chapter of faith. It shows many Heroes and Heroines of faith.
The great question for the Christians to answer is not:
“What can I do?” But ”How much can I believe?” “How big is my faith?”
Jesus attributes a kind of omnipotence to faith. Mk. 11:22-24. Jn. 14:12
Mark 9:23, “Jesus said unto him, if thou canst believe, all things are possible for them that believeth.”
Let everybody say, LORD I believe, help my unbelief. Review the above before the final prayer.
BY APOSTLE DR. E.T. DODOH JP