The most important thing in this life is to praise God. This most great fact has not been recognize by many on the planet. People attach great importance to other things than giving praises to God. But we must know and understand that God had created man to give him praises. Isaiah 43:7, I Cor.10:31.
To bestow approval upon; to honour, to worship, to glorify; commendation. The Hebrew word “yadah” means, “To stretch out the hand and is translated “praise”. That is to open the hands and let go of everything, just stand and praise is God open – handed.
And praise is obligatory to all mankind. Ps.150:6
REASONS WHY WE PRAISE GOD
1. For His majesty. Isa.24:14
2. For His Glory. Ps.138:5
3. For His excellency. Ps.148:13
4. For His greatness. Ps.145:3
5. For His Holiness. Exo.15:11
6. For His wisdom. Dan.2:20
7. For His power. Ps.21:13
8. For His goodness. Ps.107:8, 15, 21, 31
9. For His mercy II Chro.20:21
10. For His loving kindness and truth. Ps.138:2
11. For His faithfulness and truth. Isa.25:1
12. For providing us salvation. Lk.1:68-69
13. For His wonderful works. Ps.150:2, 107:8, 15, 21, 31
These works include creation, redemption, consolation, just judgment, preservation and protection, answered prayer, all blessings, etc.
HOW TO PRAISE GOD
1. With understand. Ps.47:7, I Cor.14:15
2. With the soul. Ps.103:1
3. With the whole heart. Ps.9:1
4. With the lips. Ps.63:3
5. With the mouth. Ps.51:15
6. With joy. Ps.63:5
7. With gladness. II Chro.29:30
8. With thankfulness. Ps.147:7
9. Praising Him continually. Ps.71:6
10. Until the end of His life. Ps.104:33
11. More and more. Ps.71:14
12. Every day by day. II Chro.30:21
13. We must praise God at the times, in sickness, in adversity, in health, in prosperity, for anything and everything. Phil.4:6, Rom.8:28.
Conclusion: The believer praises God at all times for this is the will of God concerning us. Phil.4:19,20.