(Tenet No. 2)
1. What do we mean by the term “Regeneration”?
Regeneration means rebirth through the grace of God, by the operation of the Holy Spirit. (John 3:3,6, Titus 3:5)
2. Why should we seek the New Birth?
That we might be saved from the spiritual death, brought into relationship with God, and delivered from the wrath to come. (Eph. 2:1, 1st John 3:2 1st Thess. 1:10)
3. What is the outcome of the New Birth?
It is a spiritual change brought in the soul by the Holy Spirit by which man becomes the possessor of the Divine nature, and is made a new creature in Christ Jesus. (1st Pet. 1:4, 2nd Cor. 5:17)
4. How is the experience of the New Birth obtained?
”Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shall be saved” (Acts 2:21, 16:13)”
5. What then, is the state of the man who has been born again?
He is at peace with God, walking in newness of life, an heir of God, and joint heir with Jesus Christ. (Rom. 5:1, 2nd Cor. 5:17, Rom. 8:17)