The Knowledge of the Following is Expected of You
1. Is there need for Salvation?
Answer: Yes “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God”. Rom. 3:23
2. On what condition does God offer salvation to mankind?
Answer: On the ground of TRUE REPENTANCE. “Repent ye therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out” Acts 3:19
3. What must you do to be saved?
Answer: “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved” Acts 16:31
4. What should precede Baptism?
Answer: Repentance, “Repent and be baptised everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins” Acts 2:38
5. Where do we read of a person who desired to be baptized?
Answer: …and the eunuch said, see here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? Acts 8:36
6. What answer did Philip give in reply?
Answer: “and Philip said, if thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest”. Acts 8:37
7. In answer to this, what did the eunuch reply?
Answer: “and he answered and said, I believe that Jesus is the Son of God” Acts 8:37
8. Why do you desire to be baptized by complete immersion?
Answer: “Because I believe it is the only scriptural method, and that typifies burial and resurrection”. Matt. 3:13-16, (Col. 2:12)
9. Does the “Great Commission” include Baptism?
Answer: Yes “Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost”. Matt. 28:19
10. Where do we read of the divine example?
Answer: “And Jesus answering and said unto him, suffer it be so now for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness: Then he suffered Him” Matt. 3:15
11. Did the early Church believe and practice Water Baptism?
Answer: Yes, There are many references to be found in the book of Acts 2:41, 8:12, etc.
12. What does Baptism Represents?
Answer: Buried with Christ, “Therefore we are buried with Him by baptism into death; that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the Glory of the Father, even so we also shall walk in newness of life” Rom. 6:4
13. What kind of life is expected of believers after baptism?
Answer: An overcoming life. Rom. 6:5, 12:2
14. How many times does a brother offend you and you forgive him, till seven times?
Answer: Until seventy times seven times per day. Matt. 18:21-22, Luke 17:3-4
15. Which law is the greatest commandment of God to mankind?
Answer: Love is the greatest commandment to mankind. Matt. 22:37-40, Luke 10:27-28
16. Should every believer be baptised?
Answer: Yes, The command given to the Apostles was to go into all nations… baptizing them in the name of the Father… . Matt. 28:19, Acts 2:38
17. How long is the Christian race?
Answer: Until the end. Matt. 24:13