1. Who is the head of the Church?
The Lord Jesus Christ. (Col. 1:18, Eph. 1:22)
2. Who is the one responsible for building the Church?
The Lord Jesus Christ. He said, “I will build my Church”. (Matt. 16:18)
3. What terms are used in the Scriptures to describe the Church?
The Church is called the “Body of Christ”, “the Church of the living God”. And the “Pillar and the Ground of the Truth”. (Eph. 1:22-23, 1st Tim. 3:15)
4. What are those who form the Church called?
They are “members of the body” and “living stones of the Temple of God”. (1st Cor. 12:18, 1st Pet. 2:5)
5. What do we mean by “the Church, the Body of Christ”?
The Church is made up of those who in this dispensation, are saved and baptized by the Spirit into one Body. (Acts 2:47, 1st Cor. 12:13)
6. How is the Church on earth known?
It was known after Pentecost as the body of people who continued steadfastly in the apostles doctrine, and fellowship and in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. (Acts 2:42)