The story of the fall of man is taught by other religions than Christianity. Their stories may be distorted but they do recognize the awful fact. Other religions do not hold such a high and lofty view of God as we do, thus the width between the sinner and God is much greater with us. This story does not tell of the advent of sin into the universe, for Satan had already sinned and been cast out of heaven. Eze.28:12-15, Isa.14:9-14. It is telling us how sin entered into the human race and made us sinners.
A. THE AGENT IN THE FALL IS SATAN
Satan operating through the serpent and became the agent. Gen.3:1.
B. THE SUBTLETY OF SATAN
1. Satan did not appear in his own person, he appeared as a beautiful serpent.
2. Satan made the attack when Adam and Eve were apart. There is power in unity. So Satan avoided when the man was there.
3. Satan attacked the weaker vessel and he did it when she was near the tree. It is written, “Flee also youthful lusts”……II Tim.2:22. Every child of God must stay far away from sin. II Cor.15:33.
4. Satan presented the temptation through legal appetites – desires for food and knowledge. He does that today too. I Jn.2:15-17.
5. Satan began his attack by cast doubt upon the word of God, “yea, hath God said? “ye shall not eat of every tree….? Do not converse with Satan rather quote the scriptures against him. Matt.4:3-4.
Conclusion: Satan is a deceitful being who claimed to be like the most High and we must take precaution having known that these days he possess the heart and soul of human beings to perpetrate wickedness.