(Tenets Nos. 6 and 9)
1. What functions should operate in the Church on earth?
The nine gifts of the Holy Spirit and the five ascension gifts of Christ. (1st Cor. 12:5-12, Eph. 4:11, 12), With the fruit of the Holy Ghost. (Gal. 5:22,23)
2. What are the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit?
The word of wisdom, the word of knowledge, faith, gifts of healing, working of miracles, prophecy, discerning of spirits, divers kinds of tongues, interpretation of tongues. (1st Cor. 12:7-10)
3. Do all members possess these gifts of the Spirit?
No. It is the Spirit’s prerogative to give them severally as He will. (1st Cor. 12:11)
4. What is the function of the Apostle?
The Apostleship, in establishing Assemblies, ordaining into office, imparting spiritual gifts, reveals the mind of God in connection with the government of the Church (1st Cor. 3:10, Acts 13:2, 14:23, Rom. 1:11)
5. What is the function of the Prophet?
His ministry is to give forth the mind of God in the midst of the Church, which can be separating, foretelling, directing, warning, confirming and exhorting. (Acts 13:2 15:28, 32, 21:10, 11)
6. What is the function of the Evangelist?
The work of the Evangelist is to reach the unsaved through the ministering of the Gospel. (Acts 21:8, 8:5-8)
7. What is the function of the Pastor?
The Pastor’s work is to care for those who are saved, by ministering to them of the things of Christ, the Good Shepherd. (Acts 20:28, 1st Pet. 5:12, John 10:14)
8. What is the function of the Teacher?
It is to make the profoundest mysteries of the word of God as simple as can be to the humblest believer. (Eph. 4:11-15, Acts 15:35)
9. In what way do the gifts of Christ perfect the Church?
These gifts, in their several ways, lovingly and impartially contribute to the perfecting of the saints to the work of the ministry, and to the edifying of the Body of Christ. (Eph. 4:11,12)