“Then said he unto him, a certain man made a great supper, and bade many: and sent his servant at supper time to say to them that were bidden, come; for all things are now ready”. Lk. 14:16-17.
1. The great invitation of salvation. Lk. 14:16-24. Matt. 22:8-14.
2. The failure of the invited guests. Lk. 14:18-20.
3. The latter call for the unworthy ones. Lk. 14:21-24, Mtt. 22:8-10.
4. Condemnation for failure to put on the wedding garment. Matt. 22:11-14.
5. Meaning of the wedding garment
a. It is the garment of salvation. Isa. 61:10
b. It is the garment of righteousness. Rom. 3:22, Rev. 19:8
c. It is the garment of Holiness. Lev. 19:2, Rom. 6:22, IThess. 4:7
d. It is the garment of obedience. Jer. 7:23, Rom. 6:16
e. It is the garment of faith. IICor. 13:5, IJn. 5:4, Heb. 11:6.
Conclusion: “Friend how camest in … not having the wedding garment? Matt. 22:12. It is not a garment purchased with money for anybody to complain lack of finance rather it is garment of free choice.