1. They became sinners. Their spiritual life died. Eph.2.1
2. Their eyes were opened and they knew they were naked. And Satan did not care about their nakedness to cover it because his mission has been accomplished.
3. They sewed fig leaves together to cover their nakedness.
4. They went and hid from the presence of God, sin drives away man from the presence of God.
THE REPERCUSSION THAT FOLLOWS
1. On the serpent: it was cursed above all cattle and above every beast………
2. On the woman: pain and sorrow in childbirth. Her husband was to rule over her.
3. On the man: the ground was cursed to bring forth thorns and thistles. Finally, to die and return to the dust from whence he came.
4. All men irrespective of condition or class are now sinners before God. Rom.3:9, 10, 23, 5:12
5. The whole world rests under condemnation, wrath and curse. Rom.3:19, Gal.3:10, Eph.2:10.
6. Unregenerate men are regarded as children of the devil. John 8:44, Only by new birth we become sons of God. Jn.1:12.
7. The whole human race is taken captive by Satan. II Cor.4:4.
8. The entire nature of man, mentally, morally, spiritually and physically has been affected by sin.
a. The understanding is darkened. Eph.4:18, I Cor.2:14.
b. The heart is deceitful and wicked. Jer.17:9, 10.
c. The mind and conscience defiled. Gen.6:5, Titus 1:15
d. The flesh and spirit are defiled. II Cor.7:5
e. The will is enfeebled. Rom.7:18
f. Human is utterly destitute of any Godlike qualities. Rom.7:18.
Conclusion: Man is born a sinner but God has promised salvation to mankind in Gen.3:15, which He fulfilled at Calvary 4000 years later.