“Even denying the Lord that bought them and bring upon themselves swift destruction” II Pet. 2.1.
There is no sin more heartily and universally despised among men than ingratitude. The basest of all ingratitude is the denial of Jesus Christ, who bought us at the cost of immeasurable agony, pains, and His own blood. There is no one to whom we own so much as to Jesus Christ. He brings us pardon for all our sins, peace, joy, an inheritance incorruptible, undefiled that fadeth not away laid up in store for believers. Phil.2:6-8, Col.1:14, Eph.5:5.
WHO ARE THOSE DENYING THE LORD?
1. First of all the infidels, agnostics, skeptics, and Unitarians. Rom 21:8
2. Those believers who claim, that they are Christians but they refuse to confess Christ. Matt. 10:32
3. The so called Christians who claim that they knew Him but in work they deny Him IITim.3:5.
4. Those profession Christian who claim that they know Him but refuse to defend Him Name. ITim.6:3-4.
5. Some men who profess to be ministers of the Gospel but their character and habaviour indicate that they are betrayers. Matt.7:21-23.
6. Some deny Him out of cowardice. Rev.21:8.
7. Others deny Him for earthly gain, pride, love of man etc. ITim.6:10.
Conclusion: Let us uphold Him and promote His course for if we deny Him, He will not deny Himself. II Tim.2:13.