1. THE AUTHOR IS THE HOLY SPIRIT: The pages of the Bible are an authoritative revelation in written form of God’s nature and purposes.
2. THE BIBLE IS THE SOURCE BOOK OF OUR KNOWLEDGE OF GOD: It is the text book of divine Truth; the guide book everlasting life.
3. THE WORD BIBLE IS DERIVED FROM THE GREEK WORD “BIBLOS”: And the meaning of the word refers to the book.
4. THE VOLUME IS KNOWN AS: “the scripture” “the writing” or the word of God. Lk.4:17, II Cor.3:14, Mk.12:10, Mtt.22:29, Heb.4:12.
5. THE BIBLE IS A LIBRARY OF 66 BOOKS: It is divided into 2 main parts Old Testaments and New Testaments. The O.T. contains 39 book while N.T. is 27 books.
6. THE BIBLE WAS WRITTEN BY 36-40 AUTHORS: It covers about 1600 yrs and by different types of people in different parts of the world.
7. THE UNIQUE DESIGN OF THE BIBLE IS ONE THE BEST PROOFS OF ITS DIVINE INSPIRATION. For so many different men to write a book without contradiction is miracle.
8. THE MIRACLE IS BY THE AUTHOR GUIDING THE HAND.
9. THE CENTRAL THEME OF THE BIBLE IS JESUS CHRIST: It is when one has known who Jesus is; that is key to understanding it.
10. THE O.T. WAS WRITTEN IN HEBREWS WITH PARTS OF EZRA AND DANIEL WITTEN IN ARAMAIC WHILE N.T. WAS WRITTEN IN GREEK.
THE MEANING OF THE WORD INSPIRATION
1. THAT THE SUPERNATURAL CONTROL OF WRING OF THE BIBLE WAS CONTROLLED BY GOD – Robert Lee
2. THE BIBLE IS “theopneustos” (God – breathed.) II Tim.3:16. “All scripture is given by inspiration……”
3. GOD SPEAKING THROUGH MEN. It is “the strong conscious inbreathing of God into men, qualifying them to give utterance to the truth” – William Evans. II Pet.1:21.
4. FOR WRITERS: II Pet.1:21, “Holy men of God spake as they were moved….”
5. FOR THE WRITINGS: II Tim.3:16, “All scripture is given by inspiration.
6. FOR THE WORDS: I Cor.2:13, “which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth”. II Pet.3:2. Jude 1:17, “But, beloved, remember ye the words……”
Conclusion: Take note that the translations are not inspired; there are copyist errors. We accept the scriptures as the infallible word of God; the canon of 66 books as complete; we do not recognize the Apocrypha or any other books, to be inspired. Let us read the bible daily and obey its message in our daily lives.