a. It originated with Satan. Isa.14:12-14. This is explained in James 1:14, 15.
b. Sin entered the world through Adam. Rom.5:12.
c. The fact of the fall of man. Gen.3:1-6.
THE MANIFESTATION OF SIN
1. Transgression – the over stepping of the law. Ps.51:1
2. Iniquity – an act inherently wrong or forbidden. Ps.51:9.
3. Error – the departure from right. Ps.51:9
4. The failure to meet the divine standard. I Jn.5:17, Rom.3:23.
5. To trespass – intrusion of the self-will into the sphere of God’s authority.
6. Lawlessness…… this is spiritual anarchy. I Tim.1:9.
7. Debt – a failure in duty, sin of omission. Rom.13:8, James 4:17.
8. Unbelief – an insult to the divine veracity of God. Heb.3:12.
SPECIAL LISTS OF SINS
1. Exo.20:3-17 (The ten commandments)
2. I Cor.6:9-10, (5 sins – effeminate, masturbation, drunkards, revilers, extortioners).
3. Rom.1:29-31 (19 sins – unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, maliciousness, envy, debate, deceit, malignity, whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things…..)
4. I Tim.1:9-11, (6 sins – lawlessness, disobedience, unholiness, profanity, whoremonger…..)
5. Col.3:5-8, (7 sins – inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, anger, wrath, malice….)
6. Gal.5:19-21, (7 sins – lasciviousness, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations….)
7. Mark 7:20-23, (3 sins – evil thoughts, an evil eye, foolishness)
RESULTS OF SIN
1. Sin never hide – “your sin will find you out….. Numb.32:23
2. Death – a denotative word signifying separation Rom.6:23.
3. Lost man – is lost to God. Lk.15:22
4. Condemnation – this is a judicial word. Jn.3:18
5. Guilt – an indicative word signifying conscience – striking. Gen.26:10
6. Perdition – a prospective word destruction. I Tim.6:9
7. Punishment – a conscious word signifying penal infliction. Mtt.25:46
8. Eternal fire – a durative word signifying length of punishment. Jude 7.
9. Hell…..the above of the devil and his followers. Mtt.25:41.
10. Lake of fire – the second death. Rev.20:14, “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
CONCLUSION – REMEDY FOR SIN
The Lord Jesus Christ in His atonement and resurrection is the only remedy for sin. Jn.1:29, “Behold the lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world”. The remedy for sin is forgiveness through the blood of Christ. Eph.1:7, “In whom we have redemption through His blood the forgiveness of sins”.
Finally, we conclude that the Lord Jesus Christ believing in Him is everlasting life but whoever reject Him is cursed forever.