The followings are the teachings of the Roman Catholic Bible which probably is not seen or recommended by God in the Bible we use today; which is generally accepted.
The pre-Roman false teachings are:
– 200 AD-immersion of infants who are dying, but considered sinless (Tertullian v. 12)
– 257 AD-Baptism by sprinkling for adults instead of immersion first as an as exception for those on sick beds. But it caused a great dispute.
– 300 AD-Prayers for the dead.
– 320 AD-Special dress code of the clergy in worship.
– 379 AD-Praying to Mary and saints (prayers of Ephraim Cyrus).
– 400 AD-Impossibility of apostasy or once saved; always saved, (Augustine xii.9).
– 416 AD-Infant Baptism by Immersion commanded of all infants (Council of Mela, Austin was the Principal Director).
– 430 AD-Exhalation of Virgin Mary: “Mother of God” 1st applied by the council of Ephesus.
– 500 AD-The “Habit” of Nuns (Black gowns with white tunics)
– 519 AD-Lent
– 526 AD-Extreme Unction
– 593 AD-The Doctrine of Purgatory popularized from the Apocrypha by Gregory the Great. Etc. there are numerous to mention.
Though, in the true sense, The Roman Catholic Church now uses the Bible we use today. But they go further in adding Apocryphal books to the original Holy Bible, making theirs to sound a little bit different from the one and only true Bible we use today. From or according to History; they were the first to translate the Holy Bible we use today, and were able to publish and transport it to the Gentile Nations. They were the 1st church that handled the complete Bible in preaching and evangelizing. They Roman Catholic Church, believes that the Pope can add his personal Opinion to the Bible.
They believe Popes as if they were gods; that is where they are wrong because they even believe in tradition as an arm and activity of the church. I will mention the unscriptural things which the Roman Catholic includes in their church administration.
· Reasoning from the scriptures with Catholics. By Ron Rhodes.
· Dickson Teachers bible Commentary.