Gen.2:16, 17, “And the Lord God commanded the man saying, of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die”.
STEPS LEADING TO THE FALL
1. Eve was too close to the tree; she should have fled from the place of temptation. A true believer must stay away from the scene of temptation.
2. Perhaps she was standing admiring the forbidden fruit. A covetous desire affects the mind and lead to a fall. Mtt.5:27-28.
3. She parleyed with the devil; never converse or argue with him except as you quote scripture to him – his mission is destructive. John 10:10.
4. She tampered with the word of God; she added, “neither shall ye touch it”. God had not said that in His command.
5. She subtracted the word, “freely,” from the original command one must labour to make use of the word.
6. She toned down the word of God; God said, “Thou shalt surely die” and Eve said, “lest ye die”.
7. She is the one who gave the forbidden fruit to her husband. Gen.3:6.
Conclusion: The couple in marriage must take great care, some partners today after they have been affected by HIV outside, they also bring home to their partners.