Music is an instrumental or vocal tones (or both) combined to produce an organized sound.
Music is the sound produced by group of singers/musical instruments performing in an ensemble.
The writing of notes on these lines and spaces is called NOTATION. The staff is the fundamental latticework of music notation, upon which symbols are placed. The five stave lines and four intervening spaces correspond to pitches of the diatonic scale— which pitch is meant by a given line or space is defined by the clef.
· Music is written on many staffs which two-(treble & bass clefs) will be dealt mostly with in this write-up.
· The treble staff for the higher notes is headed by a Treble/G-clef.
· The bass staff for the lower note is headed by the Bass/F-clef.
· The tenor and alto staff for sub-higher and sub-lower notes is headed by a C-clef.
· The staff connected by a line and a brace are called the GRAND STAFF/STAVE.
· Each space and line of the treble and bass clef has its special letter name, which must be studied. (Read on; in light of the letter names).