Salvation simply means accepting and believing the Lord Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal Saviour (Acts 4:12, 16:31).
Salvation is a very great word in the Bible, which embodies all the thoughts and wisdom, that man has concerning everlasting freedom and tranquillity for the spirit soul as well as the body.
These are other words with important meaning which assembled together, make salvation to be complete:
2. Sanctification of the believer
3. To be in peace with God.
4. Atonement and redemption
5. Remission of sin
6. Emancipation and glorification
7. Healing of diseases
8. Protection, Tranquillity and good health.
Briefly, salvation is the performance of God through his grace, his love and his mercy. He makes the sinner to be free from condemnation and punishment of his sin, also the reign and power and the the love of sin, as well as the existence of sin in him.
What then does Salvation mean?
1. Salvation means: Redemption from sin (Matt. 1:21)
2. Remission of sin (Acts 2:38)
3. Sanctification (Eph. 5:26)
4. To be in peace with God (II Cor. 5:21, Col. 1:20-21)
5. Justification (Rom. 5:1-3, 8:1-27)
6. To be made new through the Spirit (John 3:3, 5 & 6).
Read these passages in addition: (Matt. 26:28, Mark 14:24, John 10:17-18, Gal. 2:20, Isa. 50:6, 53:5, Acts 1:39, Titus 2:1-4, 1st Peter 3:18)